|Part-Time HVAC Service Technician|
Location : Edmonton
As a Service Technician, you will oversee and conduct planned and preventative maintenance on furnaces/air conditioners, retro and new installations for furnaces/air conditioners and repairs for our valued clients. Must be able to diagnose any problems and or failures within the residential heating/air systems for the purpose of repair or replacement of parts as required. Troubleshoot residential/air equipment. You will provide exceptional customer service and keep clear and concise maintenance records.
You are a 4th Year or Journeyman HVAC or Refrigeration Mechanic. Experience in residential & lite commercial is a definite asset. You are self-motivated and committed to doing quality work. You are capable of independent decision making, problem solving, troubleshooting and multi-tasking. Must obtain a valid driver’s license, and able to produce a drivers abstract
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials and provide access for future maintenance.
- Monitor HVAC systems and operations, and ensures that routine preventive maintenance is performed according to established schedules.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to detect hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Repair faulty equipment or systems.
- Maintains a safe working environment and practices safe working habits.
- Provides courteous customer service as needed over the phone and in person.
- Performs any additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have knowledge and experience with HVAC equipment and appliances. Must hold appropriate licenses as required by law.
- Must have carpentry knowledge and experience. Electrical, plumbing, and welding experience is helpful, along with janitorial experience.
- General contractor’s license is preferred.
- A current valid license and a good driving record are required.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment is a must.
- Some knowledge of computers is necessary
- Good communications skills are required for dealing with customers, sales people, contractors, shop personnel as well as employees at various branch locations.
- Must hold appropriate licenses as required by law.
- A current valid license and a good driving record are required
- Able to lift 50 lbs daily and safely lift occasionally more
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
- Able to work with a variety of hand tools in a proficient manner
- Able to climb a ladder up to 25 feet
- Must have your own tools.
- Must have your own vehicle.
Salary will commensurate with experience.