Position Title: Executive Assistant
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Compensation: Will commensurate with experience
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting directly to the COO, the Executive Assistant provides administrative support to and acts as a first line of contact for executives and senior managers. This position also coordinates administrative procedures and public relations and marketing activities in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Executive Assistant’s duties and responsibilities shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist in establishing and coordinating administrative policies and procedures for corporate office operations;
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements for staff meetings, co-owners meetings and investors meetings;
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by the corporate executives;
- Liaise with departmental and corporate officials and with other organizations and associations on behalf of the corporate executives;
- Work in corporate office during regular business hours and occasionally outside those hours as required by executives’ schedules;
- Promptly receive and screen guests and incoming phone calls to the President, and Vice Presidents;
- Manage calendars and coordinate appointments and activities for corporate executives;
- Assist in the scheduling and organization of corporate events (co-owners meetings, investors meetings, ground breaking ceremony, annual dinner etc.);
- Answer phones, greet guests, handle correspondence, expense reports, etc.;
- Manage office facility coordination including administration, IT, office equipment, property managers, etc.;
- Participate and record meeting minutes as required;
- Draft, format and/or proofread documents, forms and presentations for corporate executives as required;
- Liaise with corporate executives, sales staff and related vendors to help coordinate marketing efforts;
- Manage office subscription materials;
- Assist in building security management, including assigning keys and alarm codes for approved personnel;
- Assist in the coordination of cleaning, repair and maintenance vendors; and
- Provide occasional reception relief coverage.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under pressure and irregular hours to meet various deadlines;
- Above average analytical and problem-solving ability with an attention to details;
- Meticulous record-keeping;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Strong telephone and interpersonal skills: Strong customer service skills are an asset;
- Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion and sound judgment; and
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in finance, public administration or a related discipline.
Combination of at least 3 to 5 years office experience in a related administrative occupation is required.
Proficient spoken and written English